Required: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and 36 months employment experience in mixed-signal sensor design. Alternate requirements: The employer will accept a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering in lieu of the primary requirements. Special Requirements: The candidate is also required to have demonstrated knowledge of:
- Mixed-signal sensor design
- Circuit Design for low-power applications
- Design software: Cadence, Virtuoso, Spectre, Caliber, Spice, and PCB design software
- Chip tape-out experience and chip bring-up
Employer will accept demonstrated knowledge requirements gained through employment experience and/or completed coursework relevant to an academic degree.
Duties: The complex duties of Sr. Member of Technical Staff involve participation and contribution to Chip design projects to include analog and digital custom low-power integrated circuit design and layout of mixed-signal systems and ASIC design for image sensors utilizing the following tools:
- Spice, and
- PCB design software
Specific electronics engineering duties include:
- Develop data link with minimal wire count, capable of transmitting high-speed serial data, low-speed bi-directional command signals, as well as different power supplies, all while maintaining signal integrity;
- Prototyping system using filters to decompose signals at different frequencies at the PCB level; and
- ASIC design for a high-speed transmitter and receiver.